Announcing SNACs: Secret Network Agent Campaigns!
Find out how to get started on your ideas for promoting the network by making use of a new initiative called SNACs: Secret Network Agent Campaigns. We'll cover everything including what you can get funded for and how to apply.
Today, we are officially announcing a new initiative to steward and accelerate the growth of Secret Network. Secret Network Agent Campaigns (SNACs) are focused on empowering and funding community members to gather resources and solve a problem within and/or support the Secret Network ecosystem.
SNACs are focused on empowering community members to directly gather resources and solve a problem within the Secret Network ecosystem. Thanks to the excellent work of the Secret Agency Leads, we've designed and drawn up the initial SNAC Process - the steps required to get your idea funded.
The first step of the SNAC process is to write your proposal and post it on the Secret Forum. SNACs are posted on the forum as we believe it is key that the community can offer up feedback and ideas for any potential SNAC proposal that wants or needs funding.
When submitting a SNAC proposal, please include:
- A descriptive title
- The project leader and team members
- An executive summary (in 5 sentences or less)
- Your strategic goal (i.e. describe how this will benefit the network)
- KPIs or measures of success
- Timeline for implementation and completion
- Details on implementation such as approach, structure, or methods
- Required resources including funds, assistance, time, and a funding schedule based on time, milestones, or KPIs
Once the SNAC has been posted to the forum, the respective Secret Agency Leads will review the SNAC and will let you know as soon as they've reached a decision.
It is important to know that the Secret Foundation works directly with individuals who are to be funded via SNACs. The Secret Foundation functions as an escrow that releases the funds as the SNAC proposal meets KPIs and milestones.
Since the idea for the Secret Network SNAC Program was put on the forum for open discussion, multiple SNACs have been proposed. We are happy to share that two proposals have already been accepted:
- JuniorJunior’s SNAC proposal for Instagram Growth. JuniorJunior will be leading the effort to build the Secret Network Instagram community, an important social media channel (especially so for SecretNFTs)
- Rangerranger / Pmuecke's SNAC proposal for the Automated Awareness Bridge. The bridge will digest on-chain information in real time and distribute it in summarized reports where users congregate (Telegram and Twitter). Automated publishing of impactful transactions and on-chain updates will allow community and investors to more easily digest information on the growth and state of the network
These are the only approved SNACs currently, but note that this doesn’t mean other SNACs have not been approved - they are still pending approval.
Share your ideas!
Every individual within the Secret Network community is key to the future of Secret Network, and your ideas are key to unlocking the full potential of a private and decentralized future. We believe a committed and collaborative community is the most important thing any of us can build - and it is the fundamental source for any meaningful change!
Follow the process above, review previous SNACs, and submit your SNACs via the Secret Forum. You can also discuss SNACs with other members of the Secret community on Discord or Telegram.
Looking For SNAC Ideas?
There's no better way to get involved with Secret Network than to become a Secret Agent and join a working group.
Working groups are made up of experts and enthusiasts working together to build our network and ecosystem by executing Secret Missions. From Recruitment, to Education, to Design, there's a working group to fit every community member. There is an excellent opportunity to identify potential SNACs by talking with working groups and identifying current needs!
Working groups meet weekly and help drive Secret-focused projects to completion. Secret Agents can receive SCRT rewards for their work and direct support from all the active teams in our ecosystem, including the Secret Foundation.
If you’re interested in becoming a Secret Agent and joining any of the working groups listed below, go to our Agents page and submit your details.
- Agent engagement
- Education & content
- International communities
- University relations
- Agency branding & media
- Social media presence
SNACs now join a long list of other possibilities for receiving funding for your ideas in the Secret Network ecosystem, including the Secret Network Grant Program, focused on the creation of critical applications and tooling for Secret Network
We can't wait to see what SNACs you create and execute. Our community of Secret Agents is standing by, ready to assist and enable your visions. Good luck, and happy SNACing!
Onwards and upwards!
To discuss Secret Network and Secret Apps, visit our community channels: